Friday, August 14, 2015

2nd Liebster Award Nomination

The time has come yet again to accept a nomination from Miss Kel Giese over at A Teen's Life for the Liebster Award! I was nominated a while back by Sofia Marie, and I've been so lucky to be nominated again...thus winning TWO Liebster Awards for this blog!

The Liebster (LIEBSTER, AUTOCORRECT. NOT LOBSTER.) Award is given to relatively undiscovered blogs to promote connection and friendship between bloggers. The award is passed on to 11 bloggers at each posting.

Anyway, here are the rules! (In nifty picture form...)


Alright, so rule 1 has been applied. Now, I must answer the 11 questions that Kel has asked me in her post.

Kel's 11 Questions:
1. What is your favorite book and why?
Favorite book? Favorite book?! How am I supposed to choose? Uh......welllllll... *looking frantically through bookshelf*.........I'm gonna go with (AH WHY IS THE LINES SO FAR APART NOW AND HOW DO I FIX IT????) probably. Wow. This is way harder than I though. I'm gonna get back to this one.

2. What was your favorite book when you were a little kid?
When I was little I loved The Boxcar Children. That was probably my favorite book ever. That, and Bartleby and the Mighty Mississippi. I read that book at least 600 times.

3. Who are a few of your favorite characters and which books are they from?
Percy Jackson stands out to me first, of course. He's from Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians and subsequent sequels/series. A favorite couple of mine is Walter and Ashley from Bryan Davis's Dragons in Our Midst series (and subsequent series). Also I adore a whole lot of TV/movie characters but we won't go into that right now.

4. Where did you find the original inspiration for the last story you wrote or your WIP (work in progress)?
Well, I generally have about 5 WIPs at once (not kidding), but I'll just pick The Cycle of Time series (DUN DUN DUNNNNN). It was originally inspired by Eragon by Christopher Paolini. Really. Like, the first draft was a giant really bad fanfiction with OCs. It was really bad. Hopefully its not bad now...though it still carries a lot of influence from that book.

5. In books, do you usually like the villain better than the protagonist, or the protagonist better than the villain?
Unfortunately, I have yet to read about a truly devious villain (though movies seem to be pumping them out rather well). Thus, I tend to like the protagonist more simply because he's the hero. (Sigh...I haven't read a good book in a really long time...)

6. What is one of your favorite memories?
I have a lot, but the very first one that came to mind is swinging on the playground swings we used to have in our backyard at our old house with my sister and eating goldfish (the crackers, not the actual fish). It happened to be rather wet outside so for no particular reason and with absolutely no prodding whatsoever I just leaned over with a cracker in hand, scooped up a glob of mud with it, and ate it. Just like that. I think that says a lot about me as a person.

7. If you met a stranger on the street and they handed you a heavy black briefcase and whispered “You know what to do,” how would you react?
I would probably open the briefcase. I'm not even kidding.

8. What are a few of your favorite songs at the moment?
GET READY FOR LIST TIME BECAUSE ANA LOVES SONgS>S>.
  • "Drops of Jupiter" and "Fix You" by Anthem Lights (among others... ;) )
  • "Drops in the Ocean" by Hawk Nelson
  • "Vanilla Twilight," "Unbelievable," and "Beautiful Times" by Owl City (AND THE OREO SONG)
  • "Impossible" by Building 429
  • "Run Wild," "Shoulders," and "Oh God Forgive Us" by For King & Country
  • "Make It Right" by The George Twins
  • "Compass" by Lady Antebellum
  • "Somebody to You" by The Vamps
  • "Flicker (Kayne West Remix)" by Lorde
  • I have diverse tastes ok
  • AMONG MANY MORE
  • Don't ever get me started on songs I will never stop

9. Would you be the one pulling the prank, or the one getting pranked?
Probably puling it...

10. In your group of friends, which friend are you (the quiet one, the outgoing one, the crazy one, the smart one, the friendly one, etc…)
I'm a bit of a mix. There's the big three, you see: me, my sister, and our best friend Angie Zoe. My sis is the quiet-ish, sweet, eager, ready-for-fun one, Angie is the idea person, friendly, helpful, also sweet, also ready-for-fun one, and (literally we all agreed this was true) the mean dry-humored realistic friend who is kinda crazy and disturbed. Like, the friend who will come over to your house and want to do nothing but sit and talk all day and eat food and call that a wild time while still being a mad extrovert.

11. What is your favorite season and why?
Of what? ;) Jk. Fall, definitely, because I LOVE SWEATERS AND FALL WEATHER AND LEAVES AND FOOD AND YUMMY CINNAMON SMELLS AND CHANGE AND FALL FASHION AND PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES.


Okay, well, that finishes that part up. Now I have to give you 11 random facts about myself.

11 Random Facts about Me:
1. Sometimes I really hate giving random facts about myself because I feel like I've blurted my entire life to everyone at one point or another.

2. I cut my hair from hip length to above my shoulders in just two goes. I don't regret it but sometimes I do miss my long hair.

3. I crave popcorn constantly this month. I don't know why, I think I may be a werewolf.

4. I am not very good at applying makeup because my face isn't the makeup-y kinda face. It's just a wash it, eyeliner it, mascara it, and go kinda face.

5. Occasionally I will eat key lime pie even though it is out of date.

6. I wish I could do random things with my hair, like cut it and dye it crazy colors and stuff, but I'm too chicken.

7. I am fast running out of random facts.

8. Right this very second I am listening to Jimmy Fallon dressed in drag yelling "EW GARY GET OUT YOU'RE SO GROOOOSSS"

9. I'm 19 years old and in college. Let's just get back to basics. I am an English major with a minor in Writing (IMAGINE THAT). I have a 4.0 gpa (straight A's hollaaa), three jobs, and four finished novels. I can't seem to get past this point in my life.

10. One time I was watching One Direction audition videos and then I learned that Lois Tomlinson's name was pronounced "Louie" so I decided to make a character names "Louie" because I was so outraged by the fact that Lois Tomlinson's name wasn't pronounced "Lewis."

11. Sometimes I ask myself, "Am I cool?" and then I'm like lol of course I'm cool.


Alrighty, now for my nominations!

I don't think I know 11 bloggers but I will scour the earth for them I swear.

Nominations:
Chloe Cunningham at writing or something (I feel like I've nominated you before but oh well)
Emily at Sunshine Girl
Natalie Noel Truitt at The Hope Movement (among other authors)
Rachel Lester (bless her soul) over at Water & Pen (MY BLESSED BABY BETA READER) (bless her soul) (I feel like we're connected) (if and when she reads this she's gonna be so freaked out) (sorry Rachel)
Athelas Hale at Red Lettering
Miranda Kulig at Dreams and Dandelions

I'm tired of looking at Pinterest followers for blogs THOUGH I FOUND A BUNCH I REALLY LOVE NOW so that's all you get.

Now for the questions...

My 11 Questions to You:
1. What is one of the best characters, in your opinion, ever (that you created if you're a writer, if not from book/movie/etc)?
2. Who is your favorite villain ever? Why?
3. What is one of your darkest secrets?
4. Do you enjoy showering or is it an inconvenience?
5. What is your top 5 favorite writing blogs?
6. Do you prefer cake or ice cream? Pie or cheesecake?
7. What kind of books do you like to read the most?
8. What is your favorite fruit?
9. How lame are these questions?
10. Do you approve or disapprove of social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, etc.?
11. Long hair or short hair? Dyed or natural? Straight or curly? What do you prefer/have?


Alrighty, now to notify the nominees! Thanks again to Kel for nominating me. :) Until next time...

BYE

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Ha! This is great! You're hilarious...on all de levels. Also...how old were you when you ate the mud...? o_o

Thanks for nominating me!
I wasn't creeped out, by the way. It was actually quite humorous. ;)

Anastasia Cross said...

Wellllll...you're gonna think I'm even weirder but I was probably between the ages of 10-14. Around 11 or 12 id guess, I don't remember exactly.