Friday, May 3, 2013

Welcome! About this blog...

Welcome to Inkspot!

This blog is for book lovers everywhere...but also for book writers! My biggest hope is that some dwindling writers will find this blog and get inspired to keep writing no matter what. The biggest problem in writers is the dreaded Writer's Block; we've all experienced it. I have. It took me eight years to write my first book. That is serious Writer's Block right there. But, I have overcome it, and I believe the cure for it is a not-so-short eleven-letter-word: INSPIRATION.

Think about it. Inspiration comes in many forms. I usually get it from other people's inspiration; i.e. movies, books, magazines, newspapers, video games, etc. I've always wanted to get inside a writer's mind and figure out what's going on in there. Like, a REAL writer's mind.

Well, I'm pleased to say that after four books and one on the road of publishing, I proudly consider myself a full-fledged, scatter-brained, absent-minded, not-so-professional writer. And I am making this blog to let other writers know that, hey, they're not alone out there.

In short, I am working this blog to be inspirational, informational, and fun all around: inspirational for writers, informational for readers (and fans I may or may not have), and fun for everyone!

I am so excited about sharing my stories with you. Within the next few weeks and beyond, I will be posting glimpses into the worlds that make up my novels, such as:

  • Character Profiles
  • Images (maps, sketches, etc.)
  • Excerpts of scenes
  • Synopses of books I am working on
  • Ideas of new books and characters
  • Special "behind-the-scenes" looks into novels
  • My now infamous "Wrandom Writing Tips" (it's no fun unless the first two words match, right?)
  • Information on all things books

There may even be a few short stories in store for those who enjoy my writing!

Feel free to comment on any post and ask questions. This is the reader's blog, and I will strive to connect to all of you.

My first novel, The Cycle of Time: The Journey, will be up for sale on the Amazon store within the next few months, so please keep checking back for the big announcement! I am so excited about sharing this with you!

Thanks for checking out my blog. I hope you come back soon.

~Anastasia Cross

No comments: