Monday, September 16, 2013

Top 7 Best Anti-Heroes of All Time

Who doesn't admire those awesome, dark, powerful people who do all the wrong things for the right reason, or vice versa? Maybe that's why we have such an awesome lineup of anti-heroes. Let's see which one's made this month's list...MWAA HA HA HAAA...

(I love deciding the fates of someone else's characters on my badly planned on-the-spur-of-the-moment posts...)

This was actually really hard for me to come up with for some reason. I had a lot of trouble finding ten  anti-heroes to put on this post. So, unfortunately, I had to stick with only seven characters to stick on here. So please forgive me for any obscure and/or not-really-anti-heroes anti-heroes. It was a toughie. I can't say why but it was.



1. JACK SPARROW
Pirates of the Caribbean (movie series)
Perhaps the most famous character of the modern world. (And obviously for good reason too. "I've got a jar of dirt! I've got a jar of dirt!)
("Ah yes. I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by.")
(...Staying focused now.)


2. SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG
Sonic the Hedgehog (video game series)
Let's face it. Shadow's the man when it comes to anti-heroes. (Who PS is way cooler than Sonic.) He is like, the definition of anti-heroism. His best friend is killed and he seeks revenge for her, but ends up saving the world. Now, you can find him blowing up bad guys with G.U.N.


3. SAMANTHA SHAW
CBS's Person of Interest (TV show)
Okay. So, Sam is some sort of government agent who's BFF gets shot on a mission gone bad. She goes all CIA agent on the guy that killed him, thus doing good by being bad. She's...yeah. She's awesome. In a complicated kind of way...you'd really have to watch the show to truly understand.


4. AXEL
Kingdom Hearts (video game series)
He's just trying to get his best friend back. It's just coincidental that the entire world depends on Roxas's non-existance. And that has nothing personally to do with Axel. Right?


5. LUKE CASTELLAN
Percy Jackson and the Olympians (book and movie series)
Again. One of those characters who are iffy on the anti-hero scale. But I certainly wasn't going to put him on the villain thing. Because frankly I wouldn't mind overthrowing Olympus myself.
"Where's your helmet?... No helmet? ...You're dead."
*long pause*
"...I'm messing with ya. Laugh a little."
(...Sorry. Focusing on focusing on staying focused.)


6. MURTAGH
Eragon (movie, book series)
(Sorry, awkward GIF, but it was the only one I could find.)
Murtagh is tricked into believing that he is doing something truly good for his land, when in fact he is fighting against what he thinks he is fighting for. Luckily he [spoiler] and [spoiler] at the end.


7. HAN SOLO
Star Wars (movie series)
One of those heroes who care only about the reward. He don't give a hoot for humanity, as long as he gets his dough. And that's cool with us viewers, apparently.


No comments: