Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Movie Review: Thor 2 The Dark World


O_________O ............

*deep breath*

*hold it*

*hold it*

*...*










*scream uncontrollably*

*roll on floor*

*make a fool out of yourself*

*embarrass yourself*

*cry*

*cry some more*

*finally, you die*

Thor 2, people.

Or.....is it........


YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!


Okay. So, this was the best movie of the year. That I have ever seen. This year. And it DEFINITELY tops many of some of my favorite movies. Like...it's up in the top five here, people.

Yeah. So. Go see it. Or something. It's totally worth three hours or whatever. I mean who even cares about that. I don't. So go.


QUALITY:
5 out of 5 stars

This. Movie.

This movie.

THIS. MOVIE.

It looks real. Everything looks real. It's creepy. In Asguard (or however you spell that, IDC, DEAL WIT IT), it looks real. Even though it's totally animated. In the Dark World...I literally just noticed just now that I thought about it that it was animated. It looked real. The effects were AAAHG. I mean, at one point there was this monstrous spaceship crashing into the ground, and I went outside after the movie and I was like, "Heyyyyy, where's all the spaceships?!" I have NO QUALMS about the special effects.

But with movies today...hardly anything has bad special effects anymore anyways. ;)


CHARACTERS:
4 out of 5 stars, except for Loki, who gets 23 out of 5

The characters in Thor are great, but lets face it. They're not Captain America, or Batman Begins worthy. In my opinion, Thor himself is a bit of a dunce. I mean, in the best way possible. I like the guy and all, but...where's his motivation? Other than his I-just-met-you-and-I-love-you girlfriend?

I don't want to bash them because they ARE good. 4 out of 5 good. But not 5. Thor and a lot of the other Asguardians (...) just seem brutish and dim most of the time, warriors through-and-through. Maybe that's what Marvel was trying to accomplish, to make Loki's character all the more...unique.

Loki, on the other hand....WOW. This movie totally cleared up a ton of motives, desires, and relationships in Loki's life. It made me go from, "Wow, he's a good villain" to near full-fledged fan-girl "IF THEY KILL LOKI I WILL HUNT DOWN MARVEL AND DECIMATE THEM UNTIL THEY CANNOT BREATH THEIR BREATHS ANY MORE OHMYGOODIES I WILL NEVER LEAVE THE THEATRE IFTHEYKILLLOKI I WILL JUST SIT IN MY MISERY AND BANG MY HEAD UPON THE BUTTERY POPCORN FLOOR AS I STARE INTO THE DISTANCE WITH TEAR FILLED EYES AND WAIT FOR JUDGEMENT DAY TO TAKE ME HOMEOHWHYOHWHYOHWHYYYYYYY"

...

Okay, maybe not NEAR fangirl...

Either way, Loki's character was developed incredibly throughout this movie. He was, to quote something my mom read on the internet, "Hamlet amongst thugs." (Or something like that.) OH IT WAS JUST SO GOO-HOO-HOOD!!!!

I can't say anything else for fear of giving something away....



STORY:
5 out of 5 stars

The story involves the fantasy of Asguardian (...) legend, as did Thor with the frost giants. In this movie, it is dark elves. While...I don't recall, I could be wrong...I don't remember any specific motive for the villains, but it was one of those so-awesome-no-thought-is-needed story lines. A lot of inter-dimensional ripping of the time stream and such, metaphorically speaking. I love how it combined medieval elements with space-age warcraft and such. A really great mix of themes, and they did it well, and ended on a HUGE cliffhanger.

THAT CLIFFHANGER.

THEY REALLY EXPECT ME TO WAIT ANOTHER THREE YEARS FOR THE NEXT LOKI-THOR-THEMED MOVIE TO COME OUT. THEY'D BETTER NOT. BECAUSE IF THEY DO THEY HAVE ANOTHER THING COMING TO THEM.



ACTING:
4.5 out of 5 stars

Of course, Tom Hiddleston stole the show with his Loki acting, with Anthony Hopkins as Odin next in line. I find Chris Hemsworth's acting, like I said, brutish and thoughtless...maybe it's just because I've never seen him act in anything else and I can just see him acting as Thor all the time. <:} Either way. Natalie Portman has unfortunately become, to me, one of those people who act in so much that they just start to act the same in ever picture. Like Nicholas Cage. But still, no qualms about acting.


OVERALL REVIEW:
4.7 out of 5 stars

But I'm rating it a 5 anyways. :)

BEST. MOVIE EVER.


YYYYEEEEAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!




Till next time,


P.S. CORRECT ME ABOUT ASGUARD!!! SOMEONE PLEASE!!!! I'M JUST...TOO...LAZY...TO LOOK ON....WIKIPEDIA.....

#the pinnacle of human depravity /\ /\ /\

3 comments:

Angelina Zoe said...

IT'S ASGARD, LOKI LOVER!!! I found that your review is very one-sided, Anna. You're so in love with Loki that you are blind to any other thing that's not like him!

-Angelina

Anastasia Cross said...

ASGARD, I should have known that. :) Thanks!!

And BTW, I gave the movie a 5 star review...If it's because I think Loki is a better character than Thor I think even Thor-fans would agree that he is deeper, more motivated, has deep secrets and he is continually unexpected. Thor is great but Loki, in the long run, is the better technical character.

I have no qualms against Thor, mind you. I think Thor is great. :)

(*COUGHCOUHGHJUSTNOTLOKIGREATCOUGHCOUGH*)

Ana

Watzzit Tooyah said...

YYYYEEEEAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

*Does some embarrassing dance*

I'm still waiting for your ambivalent, nonsensical Frozen review to come out. I can tell you have a lot to say about that one…

That is all.

-WT