Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Starting Books...and why it's so hard (for me)

This is really awkward for me.

I didn't used to have this problem. In fact, I always just pooped out whatever came to mind when writing.

So why now do I have this chronic fear of starting books?

As I'm sure you've picked up, I am a perfectionist. I have problems. And starting books is one of them.

I think it's because my whole life, up until last April, has revolved around finishing The Cycle of Time: The Journey. I've been revising that puppy for like, 4+ years. And when I finished and tried writing something else, it didn't come out all revised and perfect like The Journey is now. I've totally forgotten how horrible that book was when I first started it. And now I expect everything to come out looking all nice and neat and The Journey-y.

That is my main issue. I'm having editorial withdrawals.

Wow. Just talking about it is making me feel better, though. But seriously! I have gotten about zero significant writing done since last April. Last year. Other than the sorry beginnings of a few books and a few random short stories, I've written exactly squat. Maybe it's just a slow year. Maybe I've been busy with school. Either way, it's gonna change pretty soon.

I feel my brain booting up to inspiration mode after last night's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (I had an idea for a part in a book I haven't even planned out yet). I'm having ideas again! And inspiration is flowing! And I'm thinking!

I think it's also because school is slowing down, and I've been accepted into my dream college with all finances paid, so the weight's been lifted off my shoulders, as well. Wow...I just made my own day! :)

So, in short















But I guess that's what makes writers so AWESOME.

If we could get off our blogs long enough to actually do something with our lives.









Ana

No comments: