Saturday, June 15, 2013

Great Name Generators/Lists


Mostly, I come up with my own names by changing the spelling of a normal name (i.e. Jen to Jyn, Will
to Wyl, Eden to Eadën, etc.) but sometimes I get tired of my own name creations.

I am a strong believer in names. I think names create a character as much as you do. Sometimes, I hear a name and immediately think of some complex awesome character. (For example, one time I heard the name Luke Vinson and immediately thought of a Navy SEAL turned secret agent.)

This is a fantasy name list consisting of over 4,000 names. I found it really really helpful. Some names are really cool, others are sorta ew, but overall it's a really good resource, especially for just a random character you need a name for. http://www.creative-role-playing.com/fantasy-sounding-names/

Here is a fantasy name generator, where you can generate your own names specifically constructed to fit your criteria. (i.e. long names, short names, vowel-heavy names, consonant-heavy names, etc.) Really cool! http://rinkworks.com/namegen/

Thanks again!

~Anastasia

No comments: