Monday, August 19, 2013

Top 10 Best Heroes of All Time

I'm sure this post won't go without some disagreement. But I write it still.

And just know that I am truly, really, yes, yes, yes doing this from a completely honest writerly standpoint. I am not picking favorites. No I'm not. And if I am, it's because my favorites are the best. ;) No really, I will be as honest as possible.

Now. Anyways. Here are the top ten greatest heroes of all time (from local media that I have personally seen and stuff).

P.S. I will be following with a top villains, supporting characters, "anti-heroes", and damsels in distress. HEE HEE HEE... >:} Also, none of these are in any particular order...I consider them all equal in heroic attributes.


TOP TEN HEROES OF ALL TIME:


1. HICCUP
How to Train Your Dragon (movie)



Despite his father's obvious disapproval of all of..."this" *gestures to all of Hiccup*, Hiccup still manages to come across as optimistic. He makes the best out of his worst qualities, which turn out to save his village (and earn him a seriously cool best friend *eye point to Toothless*).




2. MEGAMIND
Megamind (movie)


One of the only good guy bad guys I've ever seen. He deserves this.




3. PRINCE CASPIAN
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (movie)



Despite his people's hatred of Narnians, Caspian willingly learns about them and listens when they protest against the Telmarines. He then proceeds to fight against his own people. That takes guts, people.




4. JACK FROST
Rise of the Guardians (movie)
(saw that one coming, didn't you?)


Jack Frost has all the qualities of a truly interesting hero. Paired with his flawed nature and several profound failures in the movie, you truly learn to respect him. Click here for a full analysis on this character.




5. CAPTAIN AMERICA/STEVE
Captain America (movie)



Steve (aka Captain America) is one of the most moral and awesome heroes I know of (yes, even though he's a Marvel person...). He loses everything (literally everything, even his own time period) and is still this AWESOME hero. How cool is that. Too cool. That's how cool.




6. WRECK-IT RALPH
...Self-explanatory.


Another one of those bad-guys turned good. Ralph turned into the goodest good guy there ever was. I mean, he became a little girl's hero. It doesn't get any better than that.




7. ROXAS
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days and Kingdom Hearts II (video game)


Not technically a "hero", I guess, but still. He gives up his existence to make sure another kid stays alive to fight the evil in the universe.




8. BRUCE WAYNE
Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises (movie)


Yup. His parents die, he loses it, gets slapped by his girlfriend and sent to a bad guy training camp, saves his sanity, rescues his worst enemy, and heads off to become the world's greatest superhero. Doesn't get any better than that. Doesn't matter what happens to Bruce, he always keeps his eye on Gotham's safety.




9. ROBIN HOOD



Doesn't matter how you paint the picture, it's always generally the same; Robin kills someone he didn't mean to kill and gets himself branded an outlaw, yet goes out into the woods and makes good out of the worst.




10. PRINCE DASTAN
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (movie)


He loses his dad and his brothers turn against him, and still he is determined to clear his name and save the kingdom. Classic hero story.




So, did I miss a one? What are your favorite heroes? What do you like about the heroes listed?


6 comments:

Angelina Zoe said...

Ahem... I think you're missing one, A.C. What about Samwise Gamgee?! Have you completely forgotten about him?! If it wasn't for good ol' Sam then I bet Frodo would've never ever gotten the ring (or even himself, for that matter!) to Mount Doom! I mean, think about it, he risks everything to go with Frodo, even his life! How many times does Sam almost get killed trying to help Frodo?

Sam needs to be on that list!
:)

Angelina Zoe

Anastasia Cross said...

Oh trust me, Sam WILL be on a list. Just not this one. Unfortunately, Sam is not really a "hero", just an ally. But maybe he will make the Top Ten (if I can find that many) Ally list I will post one day!

Keep calm and write on!

A.C.

Angelina Zoe said...

How dare you say that Sam is not a hero! Uh, well... maybe you're right. Just maybe. But I'll be watching for that Ally list, A.C. I'll be watching.

Angelina Zoe

Always watching...

Anonymous said...

Okay, listen up, people. Prince Dastan deserves to be numero uno on this list.

Also, um, you forgot SORA. I mean, if you're going to put in Roxas, there's gotta be Sora. Or better yet, stick Axel in there! He gave up his whole existence to save someone he didn't know just because the one thing he knew about that person was that his best friend forever was like, inside of his heart! (okay, for those of you that haven't played kingdom hearts, I'm sorry. That only makes sense to Kingdom Hearts fans.)

But yeah, I'll be nice now. I really think you should put John Reese in there. Frankly, I'm a bit offended you forgot him. He lives to save people. His girlfriend died, and he's an ex-CIA agent. Also, he's gotta be related to Bruce Wayne distantly, because I think they are very similar.


:D-Hootie Olson

Watzzit Tooyah said...

ROXAS!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Anastasia Cross said...

@ Anonymous,

Oh, don't worry, the numbers don't mean anything They are all the same rank of awesomeness more or less.

And yes, Sora is a pretty good hero, but I figured Roxas was better (in my opinion) because he sacrificed, while Sora seems to just let himself be blown by the winds of fate (to an extent).

Besides. He's far too nice for his own good. ;)

And yes, John Reese should definitely be on that list and I am ashamed of myself for not thinking of him.

A.C.