Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Inside the Character: Alli

Soooooo...yeah, I knew the old post I put up yesterday was pretty lame. So I'm posting this character thingy. Because character thingies are fun.

Aren't my books, my characters, what makes me a writer? Not how obsessed I am with Batman...

;)

Well, I've decided to start monthly (maybe weekly, I don't know...) character posts. This week/month's post will be on the main main character of my biggest and bestest project, The Cycle of Time.


1. If your character was in a movie, what actor would play her?

Elle Fanning!!







2. Who is Alli's best friend?
Alli: Well, I have many friends, but I've known Dirco for as long as I can remember, and he really is my greatest friend. You tend to get the feeling that you really know someone when he can look at you in a certain way and you know exactly what he's thinking and why.

3. Who does Alli look up to more than anyone?
Alli: I know a lot of great people, but Eadën seems to me like someone worth looking up to.
Me: Care to elaborate?
Alli: Ummm...*blush* He's nice? In a weird kind of mean way...?
Me: ...Continue.

4. If you could save one thing in a fire, what would it be?
Alli: Hmmm...I don't know. *shyly* I don't really have much to save. I guess it'd be Dirco. He could sleep through anything...you did say the fire happened at night, right?
Me: What about your bows and arrows and weapons?
Alli: Oh, yeah. Those too.

5. What is your worst fear?
Alli: Getting caught by Flame. Dragons still scare me.
Frielend: Hey! I thought we were good friends, little one!
Alli: I like you, Free. It's just big, scary dragons I don't like.
Frielend: I am not a big scary dragon? *scaly pout*
Me: Get back in your cage, you filthy animal!!!

6. What do you enjoy most of all?
Alli: It used to be listening to Dirco tell stories, but—
Dirco: BUT?! YOU DON'T LIKE MY STORIES ANYMORE?!
Alli: Dirco, if you'd let me—
Dirco: Oh no! I get it! I'll just go tell my stories to...to...someone else! HEY VETTE!!
Me: DIRCO YOU LEAVE VETTE ALONE! SHE HAS TO RECUPERATE FROM ACCIDENTALLY FALLING FOR YOUR AWESOMENESS!! NOW GO HUSH!!!
Alli: ...Anyways, I like sword fighting.

7. Do you have any hidden talents?
Alli: Not really. I'm a simple person. Dirco's the one with hidden every things. And Eadën, too.
Me: Hey, at least she admits it...

8. What annoys you more than anything?
Alli: Umm...probably Dirco.
Dirco: So I'm your BFF, and I annoy you more than anything, too?
Alli: I spend a lot of time with you, okay?
Me: Hey, you two, stop using modern words and stuff! You're fantasy people. You say thy and thee and they.
Dirco: I've never said that before in my life.
Me: Hush up, Dirco. This is Alli's interview, not yours.
Dirco: :P

9. What are your life goals?
Alli: To help the land of Janíza rid itself of Jzän, and Milerax, and all it's spawn.
Me: That's more like it with the fantasy talking.
Alli: Thanks!

10. Do you have any dreams that you're afraid won't come true (i.e. love, family, etc.)?
Alli: *blushes* I'm really content with where I am right now. I don't need anything else.
Dirco: No true love? That's usually what girls want.
Alli: NO.
Dirco: Sorry... *ashamed*


Pinterest boards:
Alli's character board
The Cycle of Time storyboard

No comments: